Minty lamb with beetroot and charred broccoli
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup (165ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 12 x French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 3 tsp dried mint
- 1 Kurrawong Organics broccoli, sliced lengthways
- 11/2 tbs lemon juice
- 100g watercress
- 2 Kurrawong Organics beetroots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 120g marinated feta, drained, crumbled
- Whiz the fresh mint, parsley, pine nuts, parmesan and garlic in a food processor until a paste. Gradually add 1/2 cup (125ml) oil and whiz until combined. Set aside.
- Brush lamb with a little extra oil, then season and coat in dried mint. In a separate bowl, toss broccoli and 1 tbs oil. Preheat a chargrill pan to medium-high heat.
- Cook broccoli, turning, for 3-4 minutes until lightly charred. Set aside. Cook lamb for 4 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Whisk the lemon juice and remaining 1 tbs oil together in a bowl. Season.
- Arrange broccoli, watercress, beetroot and feta on a platter. Top with the lamb, then drizzle over lemon dressing and mint pesto to serve.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons harissa
- 2 x 6-cutlet untrimmed lamb racks, fat scored
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine oil, garlic, lemon zest, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 tablespoon harissa and 2 teaspoons salt in a bowl, then rub over the lamb. Place the carrots on baking tray and top with lamb.
- Roast for 40 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and rest lamb, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the quinoa pilaf, combine quinoa, stock, chickpeas, remaining 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 tablespoon harissa, 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 cup (185ml) hot water in an ovenproof dish. Cover with foil and roast on the bottom shelf (underneath the lamb) for 25 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle over the lamb resting juices.
- Scatter lamb with coriander and serve with carrots and quinoa pilaf.