CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK 24-HOUR HOTLINE
0800 029 999
This Corona Virus mutation is unknown to the human immune system until recently, and therefore the rapid spread. The complications are similar to other known corona viruses, but due to the numbers of potential infections, the number of seriously ill patients may put a high additional burden on the already overloaded health care systems in our region. Therefore the very important measures that was put in place worldwide for this pandemic.
- WHO and UNICEF to partner on pandemic response through COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund
- Digital technology for COVID-19 response
- Chagas disease: providing free paediatric medicine can enhance diagnosis and treatment
- WHO to continue support for Chagas disease programme that promotes patient self-care
- World Health Worker Week – April 5 – 11, 2020
- WHO to accelerate action to reduce the harmful use of alcohol
- IPA, WHO and UNICEF launch Read the World on International Children’s Book Day to support children and young people in isolation
- Medical Product Alert N°3/2020
- Joint Statement by QU Dongyu, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus and Roberto Azevedo, Directors-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Trade Organization (WTO)
- OHCHR, IOM, UNHCR and WHO joint press release: the rights and health of refugees, migrants and stateless must be protected in COVID-19 response
- Medical Product Alert N°2/2020
- New WHO Guide to help countries expand access to essential medicines
- WHO releases guidelines to help countries maintain essential health services during the COVID-19 pandemic
- World TB Day 2020 Newsletter
- Information sharing on COVID-19
MedFm 104.1 is an exciting new concept radio station which broadcast health and health related matters to the general public in a modern and presentable way. This is an exciting concept with a guaranteed potential to contribute to the improvement of health and lifestyles of our target population.
MedFm operate as a Non-Profit organisation (Article 21 company).
Dr Freek Bester
Physician Life Healthcare
Dr Gert van Niekerk
Regional HOD of Correctional Services